GNOME, one of the vital in style desktop environments amongst customers of GNU / Linux and * BSD programs, launches its new variations in six-month cycles, in order that on September 22, the brand new GNOME 41 ought to see the sunshine of day.
For now, and for just a few hours, it has been out there for obtain GNOME Beta 1, the primary glimpse of this new model for builders … and for probably the most impatient followers, though the latter ought to know that utilizing this beta in manufacturing environments just isn’t advisable: efficiency and stability points are more likely to seem.
If, regardless of all the pieces, you insist on making an attempt this GNOME 41 your self, you may obtain from this similar hyperlink the corresponding GNOME OS ISO, or compile it your self utilizing the official snapshot of the BuildStream venture.
If, quite the opposite, you’re content material to examine them whereas ready for the ultimate model to come back out, we’ll summarize a few of them:
- GNOME Calls, a brand new calling software, lands which acts as a phone dialer. It’s particularly helpful for cellular gadgets (additionally suitable with GNOME), however we will additionally apply it to the desktop to handle SIP accounts, and to make and obtain VoIP calls.
Assist for what GDM log person periods to Wayland even when the login display is working over X.Org.
The Epiphany internet browser now makes use of the script from AdGuards to dam adverts from YouTube movies.
The Management Heart now provides two new panels (‘Mobile’ and ‘Multitasking’).
The ‘Software program’ part has been restored within the preliminary setup GNOME as a way to facilitate the usage of third-party repositories.
The GNOME Calendar now helps opening ICS recordsdata and importing occasions, and incorporates a pop-up window to offer a preview of the latter.
GNOME Disk Administration Utility now makes use of LUKS2 for creating new encrypted partitions.
The participant GNOME Music now implements a person interface renewed.
The Nautilus file supervisor has a redesigned file compression dialog and with assist to create ZIP recordsdata with password; as well as, it lastly unifies the ‘Open with …’ choices from the contextual menu.
Official listing of up to date packages
- calls (41.alpha => 41.beta)
- eog (40.2 => 41.beta)
- epiphany (41.alpha => 41.beta)
- evolution-data-server (3.41.1 => 3.41.2)
- gdm (40.0 => 41.alpha)
- gjs (1.68.1 => 1.69.2)
- glib (2.69.0 => 2.69.2)
- glib-networking (2.70.alpha => 2.70.beta)
- gnome-autoar (0.3.3 => 0.4.0)
- gnome-calendar (40.2 => 41.beta)
- gnome-control-center (40.0 => 41.beta)
- gnome-desktop (41.alpha => 41.beta)
- gnome-disk-utility (41.alpha => 41.beta)
- gnome-initial-setup (41.alpha => 41.beta)
- gnome-maps (41.alpha => 41.beta)
- gnome-music (40.1.1 => 41.beta)
- gnome-shell (40.3 => 41.beta)
- gnome-shell-extensions (40.3 => 41.beta)
- gnome-software (40.3 => 41.beta)
- gnome-user-docs (40.3 => 40.4)
- gnome-weather (40.0 => 40.1)
- gsettings-desktop-schemas (40.0 => 41.alpha)
- gsound (1.0.2 => 1.0.3)
- gssdp (1.3.0 => 1.3.1)
- gtk (4.3.1 => 4.4.0)
- gupnp (1.3.0 => 1.3.1)
- gupnp-av (0.13.0 => 0.13.1)
- json-glib (1.6.2 => 1.6.4)
- libhandy (1.2.3 => 1.3.90)
- libnma (1.8.30 => 1.8.32)
- libsoup (2.99.9 => 2.74.0)
- mom (40.3 => 41.beta)
- nautilus (41.alpha => 41.beta)
- pango (1.48.7 => 1.48.9)
- vala (0.52.4 => 0.53.1)
- yelp (40.3 => 41.beta)
- yelp-tools (40.0 => 41.beta)
- yelp-xsl (40.2 => 41.beta)
- zenity (3.32.0 => 3.41.0)